2019 Bloomington-Normal Alumnae Chapter SCHOLARSHIP Application
For Graduating High School Seniors
Completed application MUST be received by March 18, 2019
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PROCEDURES
The applicant must meet the following criteria in order to be considered:
- Must be an African-American high school senior residing in the Bloomington-Normal area and graduating in the fall of 2018 or spring of 2019.
- Must attend a Bloomington-Normal public, private, charter or parochial high school.
- Must plan to enter an accredited two or four-year University or College or an accredited trade school as a full-time freshman in the fall of 2019.
- Must have a grade point average of at least a 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale) or 3.5 (on 5.0 scale).
- Must demonstrate academic achievement and leadership ability evidenced through participation in extracurricular activities and/or community service.
- Must submit a completed electronic application by March 18, 2019.
- A completed Scholarship Application along with all required documents MUST be included at the time your application is submitted (exception: official transcript may be submitted by mail by the application deadline).
- If any items are omitted or instructions are not followed, the application will be deemed incomplete/invalid and will not be considered. Application data may be saved and reviewed prior to submission. Changes cannot be made once application is submitted.
- Only electronic applications submitted on or before the March 18, 2019 deadline will be screened and evaluated.
- As part of the selection process, students who submit a completed scholarship application will be required to participate in a brief interview (in-person or phone).
- Applicants not selected will be notified by email.
- Application materials will not be returned. All information provided is considered confidential and will be the property of the Bloomington-Normal Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated.
Angela Palmer, Chair
Scholarship and Educational Development Committee
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. Bloomington-Normal Alumnae Chapter
Contact us with questions regarding the application process.
We appreciate you taking time to apply for our scholarship!